Summer Sculpture Showcase
(scroll down for submissions)
Summer Sculpture Showcase 2022
June 18- October 29, 2022
Submission Deadline: EXTENDED! May 20, 2022 (jurying will take place May 27, 2022)
Installation: May 30 – June 10 2022
Opening Reception: June 18, 2022
Closing Reception: October 29, 2022
De-installation Begins: October 31, 2022
Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds is a vibrant community environment dedicated to arts education and appreciation on the Connecticut shoreline. Our mission is to create a bond between art, nature & community by inspiring and promoting participation in the arts.
Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds’ annual exhibition, Summer Sculpture Showcase, has featured the selected sculptural works of over 120 acclaimed artists, hailing tremendous success, and providing artists with a unique opportunity to showcase their sculpture in a majestic environment specifically designed to nurture the creative arts. The exhibition has drawn over 7000 viewers to the 4.5-acre sculpture garden located on the Connecticut shoreline.
In response to the success of the previous Summer Sculpture Showcases, Gilbert Boro, owner, and sculptor at Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds in Old Lyme, is pleased to announce Summer Sculpture Showcase 2022 - to be on display from June 18 through October 29, 2022. The 2022 Summer Sculpture Showcase offers a unique opportunity for established sculptors to exhibit their work in locations tailored to accentuating art.
Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds attracts artists from a broad range of artistic communities, which provides for an exhibition of diverse sculpture. We are excited to allow for an exhibition that nurtures relationships within the artistic community. We are thoroughly invested in the vibrant Old Lyme arts scene and anticipate this exhibition will attract art-loving visitors from near and far. We are committed to the important public mission to enrich the cultural life of the region for the education, enrichment, and enjoyment of our community.
Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds is located at 80-1 Lyme St., less than a minute from Exit 70 on I- 95. The Sculpture Grounds are open 365 days a year from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Admission is free. Children, field trips and group visits are all welcome. For further information, contact us at 860-434-5957.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MAY 20, 2022
· Up to 4 works may be submitted – The Sculpture Grounds is seeking small and large-scale outdoor works including site- specific/architectural/ecological installations, figurative and representational sculpture. All artwork must be suited for an outdoor environment. No indoor artwork will be accepted.
· Accepted artists will be notified by May 27, 2022. A list of accepted artworks will also be posted on our website www.sculpturegrounds.com. A n opening reception is scheduled to be held on June 18, 2022 and closing reception to be held October 29, 2022 (both TBD).
· Installations will take place May 30 through June 10, 2022. Assistance will be provided by studio staff and a forklift will be readily available. Artists can provide their own transportation of works to the grounds and install themselves OR ship works to the grounds and studio staff will install the sculptures. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist. Please coordinate with Christina Goldberg (email@example.com) to schedule delivery of artwork.
· Works on the grounds are available for sale with a 30% commission to the Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds. All proceeds from our sculpture sales go directly to funding the Sculpture Grounds which is what enables us to continue to keep the grounds open, free to the public, and fund our art programs. All shipping fees are the responsibility of the artist. Prices are determined by the artist and do not include sales tax, delivery or installation to be paid by the purchaser.
· All accepted artwork will be professionally photographed after installation and images will be used for promotion and publicity on all social media platforms. Each accepted artist will be allotted a webpage on www.sculpturegrounds.com where photographs and information provided from your submission may be used.
· Submission of work automatically waives any claim for damage or loss against Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds, including its employees. Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds will exercise reasonable care in handling of all entries but will not assume any liability for loss or damage while in Studio 80 + Sculpture Grounds possession.
· De-Installation will take place beginning October 31, 2022. Artists can come and collect works on their own or studio staff can re-crate works to be sent back to artists who will be invoiced for shipping costs.